USA Trip Part 2

When I see that my blog views are going down to about 6 per day (as opposed to 30-70) I know that it is time to post again! But i've been so busy and so tired that I just haven't had the energy to do practically anything! So here you are with the exciting part 2 of our wonderful USA trip!

The Sunday following our game night at Uncle Wade and Aunt Jocelyn's house we went to see my cousin Randi try out for the Sisters rodeo queen! She did a wonderful job and came in first runner up!
Cousin Kendrick all dressed up as a cowboy; pistol and all! 

Here she is giving her Speech
Randi Leigh led Claire, Kendrick, and Elizabeth around on her horse!

Myles got to ride as well! 
Monday morning Myles made us a delicious breakfast of blueberry muffins, fruit salad and pancakes! 



We had a super fun evening with our Uncle Derrick and Aunt Naomi on Tuesday! I love their children, they are so fun to be with!
Myles played some sort of game with Kendrick that looked a bit violent! They sure were having some serious fun though. 
It looks like they killed him! Kendrick looks pretty serious..:)
Attack!
I made BBQ chicken with my homemade BBQ sauce recipe (if you want a copy leave a comment! Although I do have to have at least 10 comments from different people before I post a blog about it!) and Aunt Naomi made a salad and baked potatoes. Delicious! You guys are going to think that all we did was eat... :) Which is partly true! 
Claire very shyly asked me to read her a story...how could I resist? I am so blessed to have such sweet cousins! 

We played a round of our new favorite game, Splendor. Afterwards they started goofing of with the jewel chips. They don't fit in my eye sockets so I just let them enjoy themselves, watched, and snapped some photos! 


The Splendor fans! 
I don't know how long uncle Derrick sat there! I think he made a world record for holding-Splendor-chips-in-your-eyes-for-the-longest-time! Everybody has to have a made a world record at some point in his/her life right? :D
Aunt Naomi looked as amazing as always!

Even Grams joined in the fun! 
Thank you Uncle Derrick, Aunt Naomi, Kendrick, Claire and Elizabeth for hosting us! We sure enjoyed our time with you! 

We went to Uncle Dwight and Aunt Marilee's house the next day and had a mini family reunion! The Uncles and Myles went golfing while the rest of us stayed at the house, swam, went for a walk and visited. 
 I rode a bike with the boys and we played a very fun game of follow the leader! 
Here I am on the paddle board!  
Cruisin' with Burnell Dwight
And another game night for us hard-core game players! This time we started at 3 in the afternoon so we could fit in some more game time. Dominion and Splendor were the two that we played all afternoon/evening.
Dominion

L-R: Myles, Uncle Wade, Aunt Joscelyn, Grams

Myles learned a few wrestling techniques from Uncle Wade

L-R: Myles, Uncle Wade, Knightley, Elisha, Me

It's getting serious! 
Way too much fun! 

We walked down the Deschutes river with our cousins Warren and William and fished. I was the only one that got a bite but it was small and dropped off the hook. Argh!!
Fishin'!
Myles, Warren, and William

Grandpa and Grams took us to the High Desert Stampede Rodeo! It was the first rodeo we had ever been to and it was a lot of fun!   
L-R: Cousin William Burnell, Myles, Grams, Grandpa, Me, Randi Leigh.
We even got our picture with the the Crooked River Roundup Queen!  

Myles and I shared a couple of songs at fellowship the next evening. 

Grandpa and Grams took us over to the valley on Monday and we stopped at beautiful Sahalie (sp?) Falls for a few moments. 






A huge THANK YOU to everyone who hosted us! Especially to Grandpa and Grams for their generosity and hospitality toward us while we were there! I so enjoyed our times of fellowship with you! I love you lots! 


Stay tuned for the blog on our time in the valley. 

Standing on the Promises,

Emily Jo 

Promise: Isaiah 41:10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A hike in the Carpathians- Europe Trip Part VII

In This Is Love

Happy New Year 2019!!!