Be the Best For Jesus-

What hinders me from being the best? 

It's actually a simple two letter word. Me. I can make it even more simple. I. Whatever I do that  forwards Me, Myself, and I, will be a flop and I will never be the best.

Whatever I do for Jesus, in Jesus name, will turn out the way he wants it to, and he does everything the best. I can never please men. But I can do everything for Jesus and please Him, which is my highest goal in life. Jesus does not want to humiliate us by making us look bad. Get that idea right out of your head. He wants us to shine and be the best that we can be. 

And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him. Colossians 3:17

 God makes each human special and unique. He gives intelligence and talent to each. He gives to each and every one the freedom to make their own choices. 

But I see these intelligent, talented human beings doing things that make them less than the best that God created them to be. I see myself making poor choices that make me less than the best, worse than what I could be. 

I have this deep desire to be the best at everything I do. Not so that I can say that I am better than others, but so that I can go to bed at night knowing that I went through the day and did everything to the best of my ability. God made me to serve him with all of my heart, and to do everything the best. 

So what can I be the best at? 

I am a daughter of the King. 
I want to be the best daughter of the King. What a privilege. 
I am Rudi and Carla Booher's Daughter. 
I want to be an honoring and obedient daughter that blesses her parents. 
I am a Barista at Main Street Espresso.
I want to be the best Barista that ever walked in the door, serve people with a smile, and make each drink well.
I am a musician. 
I want to play well so that I can bless others.
I enjoy playing sports.
I want to have a good attitude and play with skill for my team.

These are just a few examples of what I can choose to be the best at. 

But! When I start doing all of these things for me, myself, and I, it will all be a house of cards. I will get frustrated, start cutting corners, and mess up at every turn. 

I think it all boils down to a couple of verses: 

And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ. Colossians 3:23, 24 
I love this verse in Psalm 37:4 because it tells me what the end result of serving the Lord and delighting myself in Him is: 
Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. 
It's worth it right? Yes, it's always best if we follow Him, do all things as unto Him, and delight ourselves in it. 
So strive to be the best, and don't serve the big bad me. I assure you, you won't have as much fun.
Stand on the Promises! 

Emily Jo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A hike in the Carpathians- Europe Trip Part VII

In This Is Love

Happy New Year 2019!!!