Consumed

What are you consumed by? 

We are all consumed by something. 

Every human being is created to worship the Creator, the Lord God of heaven and earth. 

Colossians 1:16 says, "For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him."

But instead of a worshiping our Creator God, we have fallen to worshiping much, much lesser things. We worship family, friends, money, beauty, health, fame. None of which are bad, per se, but they were never intended to be worshiped.

This is what I see everywhere. Humanity consumed by technology.

We have become consumed by a virtual world of Facebook and Instagram, email, texting, Twitter, and more. Pleasing, perhaps, for a time, yet never fulfilling.

What are you consumed by? 

 "Our God is a consuming fire." Hebrews 12:29


My deepest desire is that I would be fully consumed by Him. I may not be there yet, but I know that He is working on me. And He will purge me and refine me until I am as purest gold. Who could ask for more?

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot


Why settle for less? 

Standing on the promises, 

Emily Jo 


Promise! Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A hike in the Carpathians- Europe Trip Part VII

In This Is Love

Happy New Year 2019!!!