The Long Journey Home

We had a rather long trip home. First we flew out of Portland and landed in Houston where we were picked up by a friend of ours, Melanie. She took us to a super yummy taco shop....they sure know how to make great Mexican food there! Then we went to her apartment and got a good night's rest. 
We got to the Houston airport early in the morning where poor Myles had to drag some of our extremely heavy bags around until we found the right terminal (due to his sister being a tightwad and not wanting to pay the 5bucks to rent a cart! But after already having paid $5 the night before and the machine not letting me take the cart out, who could blame me?)The terminal we wanted ended up being the one that we started at!!!! Now do you want to travel with me? Oh yes. 



 We had a long night ahead of us in Santa Cruz.  Our friends, the Mattix's were in Santa Cruz, so they met us at the airport and brought us some yummy snacks and visited until around 12am. I took the first sleeping shift for about 2 1/2 hours then i let Myles sleep for around 3 hours. I kept trying to stay awake but this kept on happening to me: everything I saw suddenly went blurry and I felt like my neck was so loose it would fall off and then.....ahhhh......sweet sleep....but wait, someone might steal our luggage so wake up! Look around, nothing missing, no-one in sight, back to slumberville. Repeat every five minutes. Sounds exhausting of itself doesn't it! finally I woke myself up enough to read, and take some pictures of our little fortress.
Aerial view of our fortress
I put the two carts with the 50 pound bags on either end of the benches, and I put all of our valuables in the center, while we slept on the metal benches.

This is my best selfie yet! 
At about 4:30, when I could stand it no longer, and not wanting to wake Myles, I fell into a deep sleep until the time for us to check in for our BOA flight! Nothing was stolen and I got to sleep...win-win!

I'll have to put the pictures of our arrival on another time....they are somewhere in our computer system and it is going to take a long time to find them.

Thanking the Lord for safety,

Emily Jo

Promise: Psalm 27:5 For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A hike in the Carpathians- Europe Trip Part VII

In This Is Love

Happy New Year 2019!!!