Don't Be Afraid To Look Crazy

At times, I have had a fear of looking odd, crazy, legalistic, weird, and out of place. I've thought that it was more fun to fit in than to be labeled as a freak. 

But today I saw something shocking. Something that I've always known but never really thought about. 

Can you imagine seeing a man build a boat in the middle of dry land? No ocean, no river beside, no lake; just a huge boat in the middle of a field. And what would you say about the man building it? Yes, I would have said that he was crazy. What is he thinking? That guy is strange. Let me tell you, he is out of his mind. That might have been some of the gossip that was going on around Noah while he obeyed God. Think about that: he was ridiculed and scoffed while he obeyed God. And though they mocked and scorned him, he became heir of the righteousness which is by faith. 

What about the guy that packed up his family, and started traveling, not knowing where he went? Do you think he looked crazy? He looked crazy because he followed and obeyed God. But even though Abraham looked strange, and weird, and definitely out of place, he was called the friend of God. 

I don't know about you but I want to be called the friend of God. I also want to be heir of the righteousness which is by faith. 

So I'm not going to be afraid to look crazy. I'm going to obey even if people scorn. It's worth it to me. I'm going to stand up for what I believe. I will hold true to my convictions and beliefs. And God will bless. 

Are you afraid to look crazy? Choose you this day whom you will serve. Don't straddle the fence. Get on God's side, he takes care of his own.

Standing on the promises,

Emily Jo 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A hike in the Carpathians- Europe Trip Part VII

In This Is Love

Happy New Year 2019!!!