My Year In Promises

Today I was thinking about the the scripture promises that I have clung to, and that the Lord has kept, this past year. I thought I would share them here. I know that there were many more than just these five that I have written here, but these stood out the most in my mind.  

Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord. Psalm 27:14

But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.  Isaiah 40:31

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5,6

If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. James 1:5

Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6,7 

I am not trying to say that I have learned to wait upon the Lord, or to trust in him with all my heart; but the Lord is gracious and I am learning. It is an incredible thing to be able to rest in his will and to trust him, to know that his timing is perfect, and that every trial that comes is for my good. This year I have experienced the peace that passes all understanding when I keep my mind stayed upon him. I am increasingly aware of how weak I am, and how strong he is; how needy I am of his love, mercy, grace, and forgiveness. 

Instead of making a list of “New Year’s Resolutions” like I usually do, I chose a word for the year. My word is “trust.”

"Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus, 
and to take him at his word; 
just to rest upon his promise, 
and to know, 'Thus saith the Lord.'"

I am learning that when I trust him, he fulfills the promises of his word. 

2015 was a year full of challenges and frustrations, victories and joys. I am looking forward to applying the things that I learned in 2015 to life in this new year, 2016. 

Standing on the Promises, 


Emily Jo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A hike in the Carpathians- Europe Trip Part VII

In This Is Love

Happy New Year 2019!!!