Bolivia, Here We Come!

A couple of months ago, I decided to go to Bolivia for my friend Danyelle’s wedding. But first, I laid my three “fleeces” before the Lord asking him that:
My wonderful, amazing, awesome friend Lauren would be willing to accompany me,
Plane ticket prices would be low,
Someone trustworthy would be willing to host us. 

The answer was yes on all three things!!! God is so good. 

Part way through the planning, another friend appeared and wanted to jump on too! 
Welcome Caitlynn! 

We departed in Lauren’s car on Thursday, May 12. (and no, we did not drive to Bolivia, just to the Portland airport)  



First plane ride! 
I got all five bags on this one cart! 

Caitlyn asked Lauren to tie her shoes and Lauren obliged. Had to document that! 

 During our layover in LA, our friends the Lystrups came to the airport bringing delicious In-N-Out burgers to feast on! We played some volleyball in the parking lot and got some hilarious selfies. :-) 



I settled in for the long haul on our nine hour flight. That’s me under the orange blanket in this next picture! 

We had a 13 hour layover in Lima Peru, so we decided to get out and sightsee! First we primped in the bathroom. Those of you that know me know that I do not usually wear makeup. Well, I decided to try some of Caitlynn’s. You could tell that this tomboy was really not that great at putting makeup on, when she smeared it all over her face, and got it in her hair! I took a picture because I knew that my mom would get a kick out of it. :-) 



We had a blast in Peru! We looked like real tourists, let me tell you that much. The tourist gift shops were similar to Bolivia but they had bettter quality things. Along with getting matching PerĂ¹ T-shirts, we also got things for the folks back home. 
In the taxi on the way to downtown Lima, Peru.

Next stop: restaurant that serves Peruvian food. Finally found a shop that served tradicional Peruvian food and ordered a plate of Seviche and Lomo Saltado. Seviche is like sushi in that they cook the fish in lemon juice a few moments before serving. All three of us tried it, but Caitlynn and I were the ones that finished it off. I’m not saying that we liked it; it was okay, but I wouldn’t order it again! Lomo saltado on the other hand, was scrumptious!
 Me eating some Ceviche.
 Caitlyn displaying how delicious Ceviche looks.

 Lomo Saltado.
 Ceviche.

They gave us free cocktails and, don't worry, I did not drink mine. The girls really enjoyed theirs and mine though!

Hanging out at Starbucks. 

 We wandered around a bit more and got lots of pictures at the accessory shop! 
Me, probably telling Lauren what to do, again! 
Modeling the newsboy hat! 


Wishful thinking....
In Lima, there is a park where cats congregate, and the humane society feeds them!
Lauren thought it would be cool to get a picture in front of this old iron gate. She started to pose, then the door opened from the inside, to reveal a man wondering what in the world a redheaded gringa was doing in front of his gate! Thanks to Caitlynn for capturing this epic picture of Lauren’s surprised countenance! 


We call ourselves the “Three Hoots and a Half”….not sure where the half comes from! 





On to another overnight plane ride, then to our final destination, Cochabamba, mi llajta! 

More to come, 

Standing on the Promises,


Emily Jo 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A hike in the Carpathians- Europe Trip Part VII

In This Is Love

Happy New Year 2019!!!