How Can We Reach a World We Never Touch?

How can we show them Christ, if we never show them love? 
Just to say we care will never be enough. 
How can we reach a world we never touch? 

The above lines are from a song that challenges me to share my faith. How can I pray for revival, if I am not willing to bring it about? Can I pray for souls to be saved, if I am not willing to step out and share Christ? 

Faith is belief. But it is also an action. 

What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?  James 2:14

Sharing my faith is an action that Jesus asks me to take. 

I as a Christian praise my Captain, Jesus, to the skies. Thousands, daily, perish around me. Jesus has asked me to proclaim him to these perishing souls. Instead I continue praising him, and refuse to jump up and do his bidding. 

"Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel..."

I woke up this morning with a burden on my heart to proclaim God's word to a lost world that grows darker every day. People are crying out for truth, and are not finding it.

If I could but bring one soul to Christ, my life would not be in vain. 

I question myself: Am I ashamed of the gospel of Christ? It is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth. (Romans 1:16) To answer honestly, yes, I'm afraid I am.

I'm afraid to offend someone. Afraid that people might feel like I am encroaching their privacy. Afraid that I might get told to shut up. Afraid that I won't have the words to say. 

These fears are easily refuted by II Timothy 1:7-9
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 
Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;
Who hath saved us and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began.

I want to begin to lay up for myself treasure in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt and where thieves do not break through and steal. For where my treasure is, there will my heart be also. (Matthew 6:20-21)

We must pray that the Lord of the harvest would send forth laborers into his harvest. 

Fear not, For as we stand on the Promises of God's word, and proclaim the name of Jesus, we shall shine as lights in the world. 

Be encouraged, for He is Emmanuel, God with us. 

Emily Jo

And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 
Go ye therefore and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 
Teaching them to observe al things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world, Amen. Matthew 28:18-20

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A hike in the Carpathians- Europe Trip Part VII

In This Is Love

Happy New Year 2019!!!