Surrender!

Surrender. The peace at the end of the battle. A fight must always come before it.

The battle is hot, it's me pitched against God's will. My heart is in a torment of fears, worries, and complaints. Still holding on to control and refusing to let go and let God do what he's already planned.

Just surrender.

"God, I can't surrender. It's too hard."

The battle rages on. At last, at the end of myself, I can fight no longer against my loving Father who will not let me go. I have to wave the white flag, I have to surrender.

"God, I surrender. I surrender all."

And there in the darkness, I experience, maybe in only a small degree, the peace that passes all understanding.

God is in control! He will prevail, He will sustain, and He is loving and good! 

The truth about the fight is that when I refuse to surrender, even in one area of my life, I am really fighting against God. 

Surrender is followed by peace.

Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6,7


...let me fall now into the hand of the Lord; for very great are his mercies...         1 Chronicles 21:13 

Promise:
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27

Why didn't I surrender sooner? 

I am now in the hands of a mighty God. He never backs down, He never surrenders, no matter how much I kick and scream. 

Aren't you glad that we have a God who won't surrender? 

Emily Jo 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A hike in the Carpathians- Europe Trip Part VII

In This Is Love

Happy New Year 2019!!!